Hi!!

If you don't already know or maybe its been a while since we have chatted. My name is Shirley Arreola-Kern, and I am a GRADUATE of Ellensburg High School! Go Dawgs! Also I am currently studying "abroad" aka out of state at Illinois Institute of Technology! I WAS majoring in Aerospace Engineering and am now loving every minute of Political Science Pre-Law!! One wierd thing I found that I like is Technical Drawing, which is why I am getting a minor in Engineering Graphics! I would love to hear from you just drop a note for me! Have a wonderful Day!
Love and Blessings,
Shirls

Friday, March 2, 2012

IIT as a small town in a big city!

Being from the less dense area of Washington there are certain things that you know are just like home. In the dorms, like home people leave their doors unlocked. We trust the other people in the building for the most part! We also care about each other and will help a friend out. But one thing that changes that is some of the competitions that are put on by the student organizations. Best friends will be found chasing, tackling, and wrestling each other just to get the item they need. This game is usually called Infection. Where you have infected people trying to infect everyone else that is playing!

Another really cool thing that IIT like to do a lot is service learning! This year I am lucky enough to have been selected to be a part of the IIT alternative spring break team! We will be going to Valdosta, GA!!! I am super excited for this since it will be my first time in the South East!


One of the fundraisers we did that was super fun/funny was the PIE in the Face! We asked variouse students, professors, and faculty to come and have people pay to pie them in the face. Among the group pied were Gerry Doyle, Al Nunez, and Tanya Cabrera, all of which work closely if not in the Undergrad Admissions office!!


But as the Day Ends here I must stop to pray for another day and stop typing!! Have a wonderful time in all your doings!!
Love and Blessings
Shirls

1 comment:

  1. your explanation of your lovely University is very interesting

    ReplyDelete